Valley Insight Meditation Society was created by a group of people who practice and study in the Theravada Buddhist tradition. Our mission, and the essence of our work, is liberation for all beings. We strive to provide opportunities for the practice, study, and teaching of Theravada Buddhism in the Insight (Vipassana) Meditation tradition. We undertake to share this responsibility in an inclusive, welcoming manner as an active group/sangha of like-minded individuals.
Inspired by the practices, ethics, and compassion and wisdom teachings of Insight (Vipassana) Buddhism, we offer a spiritual refuge for those who seek freedom of mind and heart and those who desire to end suffering for themselves and all beings. We welcome all who are interested.
Valley Insight Meditation Society provides opportunities for the practice, study, and teaching of Theravada and Early Buddhism in the Insight (Vipassana) Meditation tradition. We share this responsibility in an inclusive, welcoming manner that is grounded in the Dharma by:
- holding shared inspirational values for mutual benefit;
- offering instruction in meditation, ethics, compassion, and wisdom practices;
- sponsoring periodic classes, sitting groups, and retreats led by qualified teachers;
- creating other opportunities for shared reflection, contemplation, and wisdom experiences;
- honoring and expressing these teachings through our interactions with one another and with the community-at-large; and
- fostering a sense of community and belonging, while offering community service to others.
Adopted by Valley insight Meditation Society Board of Trustees in consultation with the Sangha’s Teacher Team, June 10 2021
Meditation practice, through a wise and careful training of attention, can lead to a peaceful mind and a steady, kind heart. It helps us find our way to wisdom and compassion in the midst of the stressful, complexities of our lives.Valley Insight is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization.