Our Annual Appeal
The Buddha taught that dana (generosity) is the first of the paramis (perfections) and the term dana refers to both the act of giving and to the donation itself. Similarly, the benefit of giving is also twofold. The recipient of a gift benefits and so does the giver, who experiences joy from the act of giving. And practicing generosity has other benefits: it helps us to see where we hold back and where we feel fear.
Each fall, we humbly ask for your financial support during our Annual Appeal so that we can continue to meet the needs of our Sangha.
As a result of our pivot to online programs in March 2020 due to COVID, we receive little dana from our sits or retreats. Valley Insight relies on the contributions we receive from our Annual Appeal to cover community outreach, website hosting and maintenance administrative expenses, rent, insurance and teacher support. [In keeping with our tradition, where teachings and offerings of the Dharma are freely given and supported by dana offered by those who hear them. We do pay our teachers for administrative and other tasks they perform for the sangha.] Here’s more information on our finances.
We’re grateful for whatever support you can offer us.
There are two ways to offer support to Valley Insight:
- Click this button to donate online through PayPal or your credit card.
- Write a check to Valley Insight and mail it to: Valley Insight Meditation Society, P.O. Box 634, Lebanon, NH, 03766.
Valley Insight Meditation Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible.
Valley Insight Board of Trustees:
Michele Burlew, Charlene Gates, Adam Knowlton-Young, Joel Lazar, Suzanne McGilvray (treasurer), Carol Rougvie, Michael Stoner (president), Karen Summer (ex-officio)
There are three ways to offer dana to teachers:
1. Click this button to donate online through PayPal or your credit card. Choose the teacher you’d like to make your donation to via the dropdown list. Your donation can be anonymous or you can add your thoughts to a teacher.
2. Write a check to a teacher and mail it to: Valley Insight Meditation Society, P.O. Box 634, Lebanon, NH, 03766. We’ll make sure the appropriate teacher receives it.
3. Write a check to a teacher and send it directly to them. Please email the appropriate teacher for their home address. Email addresses for teachers can be found here ›