Administrative Assistant for Valley Insight
Our growing, community-based meditation organization seeks a person with administrative experience to help organize and maintain membership database, communicate with members, and help organize Advisory Board meetings. This is a new position in our sangha. We are seeking an individual with a meditation practice and familiarity with meditation groups, or a strong interest in these areas. Candidates should have prior office experience, strong communication and organizational skills, good attention to detail, and good computer skills. This is a part time, consultant position with a flexible schedule—3 to 4 hours weekly with a guarantee of 10 hours a month and probable growth over time.
Essential duties include:
- Maintain and update membership database
- Keep track of attendance at sits and classes
Occasional duties include:
- Assist Advisory Board in preparing agenda and materials for monthly meetings
- Assist in advertising and other PR
- Assist in preparing for, carrying out, and following up after retreats and events
- Assist with single-subject email announcements
- Carry out general office duties using word processing and spreadsheet software
- Perform other duties as assigned
The administrative assistant will report to the president of the Valley Insight Advisory Board. To inquire or apply, please email David Gumpert at david[dot] gumpert[at] gmail[dot]com.