Retreat Centers and Insight Meditation Groups
- Abhayagiri Monastery
- Aloka Vihara Forest Monastery – Supporting Theravada Bhikkhunis of the Forest Tradition in the West
- Amaravati Buddhist Monastery
- Barre Center for Buddhist Studies
- Insight Meditation Society
- Spirit Rock
- True North Insight
- Vermont Insight Center of Brattleboro
- Wellspring Insight Meditation Community – Hardwick, VT
Jetavana Temple Forest Monastery in Temple, NH
Other Local Practice Groups
- Center for Transformational Practice a meeting place and practice center for those wishing to advance sustainable culture through inner transformation.
- Access to Insight (readings in Theravada Buddhism)
- Dharma Seed (books and recordings)
- Audio Dharma (recordings from Gil Fronsdale’s Insight community in CA.)
- Buddhaville (nationwide project to establish communities for Buddhist practitioners in the older years of their life. Expected emphasis [as of May ’16] is independent living with some attention to assisted living and end-of-life care. They are soliciting opinions in a nation-wide poll. Led by Bill Manning, founder of the first Earth Day.)
- Pariyatti (books and recordings)
- DhammaTalks (talks by monastics in the Forest Tradition)
- ForestSangha (portal website for monastic communities in Ajahn Chah lineage. Excellent source for downloadable publications and talks and audios of chanting by nuns and monks.)
- Inquiring Mind Magazine (bi-annual publication)
- One Earth Sangha – Expressing a Buddhist response to climate change and other threats to our home
- Dhammapada Reflections – recommended by Doreen. Verse with short commentary for reflection published every new and full moon.
Stay informed of events and more with our monthly newsletter.